Privacy Policy

Monday 2 January 2017

New Year, New Start!

Hello everyone, Happy New Year!

I don't really do resolutions but this year I've decided I need to get better at blogging! I didn't blog at all last year for one reason and another so starting as I mean to go on my aim is to blog once a week through 2017.

So, my first card for this year is a 60th birthday card I've just made for my Auntie using the Verity Rose collection from Crafter's Companion. Click the link and check out the products that are on special offer! I love this collection and I've used it a lot throughout the year.


I really like layering patterned papers and the papers in this collection are just divine. To make them pop I matted them onto matt black card in various sized panels. Once assembled I then edged each layer with glitter glue. I'm not usually one for glitter but it think this particular collection just lends itself to a bit of sparkle. I die cut 60 from papers and matt black card using the Sara Birthday Collection Number dies and offset the colour to create a drop shadow effect. Popped a few embellishments on to finish it off and hey presto, my first card of 2017.

My family usually get a card made in less than 5 minutes because I spend all my time on design team makes and forget about cards I need for myself so maybe my next resolution needs to be to spend more time on cards I need for me to send!!

Anyway, I'm hoping to blog much more regularly and try and meet more of you fellow crafters through my blog so here's to a blogtastic 2017!!

Hope you like the card, don't forget to leave me a comment to let me know what you think!

Take Care

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment